Scholarship ʻAha: Nānākuli Public Library
Monday, October 14, 2019, 5:00 pm
Nānākuli Public Library
89-070 Farrington Hwy
Waiʻanae, HI 96792
REGISTER HERE (link coming soon)
5:00 – 6:00 Check-In; Resource Fair; Refreshments
6:00 – 6:15 Welcome & Overview
6:25 – 6:55 Workshop Session 1
7:00 – 7:30 Workshop Session 2
7:45 – 7:55 Mahalo & Scholarship Drawing
Workshops (Tentative Lineup):
- FAFSA Completion, Line-by-Line
- Bring your financial documents and follow along at our computers. Our FAFSA expert will walk the entire group through the FAFSA form question by question and will be available to answer individual questions.
- Personal Statements and Letters of Recommendation
- Perhaps the most critical piece of many scholarship applications is the personal statement. It is often the chance for you to make the best case for why you should be given a scholarship. Personal statements allow the reader of your application to gain the strongest feel for who you are as a person, what sets you apart from other applicants, provide evidence of your intellectual and creative achievements, and show your writing ability.
- Financial Aid Terminology
- Learn about financial aid terms including Financial Need; COA; EFC; Need-Based; Merit-Based; Grants; Scholarships; Loans; and how to read your financial award letter.