Scholarship ʻAha 2020: Alu Like
The Hana Lima Scholarship Program (HLSP) provides financial assistance to students participating in a vocational or technical education program for occupations that can provide a “living wage.” This need-based scholarship is available to students in vocational programs that lead to a specific segment of employment. This scholarship gives financial assistance toward tuition and fees, books and other required tools or uniforms for a vocational program. Students pursuing a major in Liberal Arts or are taking only pre-requisite courses are encouraged to select a major of study in order to qualify for additional services.
- The Hana Lima Scholarship award is a $1,500 award to be used toward tuition, fees, books and other required tools or uniforms for a vocational program. Scholarship checks are mailed directly to the school or program. Please Note: The maximum times an applicant may receive the Hana Lima Scholarship is twice during the course of their lifetime.
- Application opens:
- Application deadline:
As An Applicant, You Must Meet The Following Criteria:
- Be of Native Hawaiian Ancestry
- Be a resident of the State of Hawai‘i
- Received a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Not currently receiving any Kamehameha Schools financial aid for post-secondary education
- Maintain a 2.0 or higher grade point average (GPA)
- Be enrolled at least half-time in a vocational degree (AA or AS – Associates Degree) or certification program in one of the approved educational institutions in Hawai‘i listed on the application.
- We DO NOT assist with Baccalaureate, Graduate, or Professional Degrees
Learn more about our other scholarship partners:
Oʻahu (coming soon)